Tuesday 18 January 2011

glastonbury/summer wishlist!

It's not for another five months or so, but in my mind I'm ALREADY planning out what I'd like to take with me to wear for Glastonbury! This is partly due to a number of highstreet and online shops already bringing out summer essentials...goddamn them.

Topshop and H&M in particular have produced an array of garments with that SS11 hippy 70s vibe that would be perfect for the festival season. I've picked out a few items that I simply must have:

Stupid blogger image quality...hope you guys can see it okay, if not just click the image!


Topshop:

1.) Simple aztec print jersey vest; I love this! That colourful aztec print has festival written all over it, I really like unusual designs. It's pefrect for warm weather and will be so comfortable and easy to wear in that environment, especially the days where you start to smell and can't be bothered, haha. You could team it with anything and dress it up and down. It's also £18, which is cheap...for Topshop.

2.) Sleevless denim shirt; I can see this becoming one of Topshop's summer essentials! It also comes in a blue denim colour, I've not decided which one I prefer. They'll probably bring it out in several different colours anyway, so at least it may stay in stock for a while. The tie waist brings a very 50's vibe to it!

3.) Basic scallop edged vest: I've seen a lot of people wearing this already, probably because it's Topshop and has a £15 price tag, but Topshop always creates the perfect style of basic vests and tees. The scallop detailing is really cute and as we know is very on trend. It'll be quite a versatile piece that can be worn with practically anything. It comes in a lot of different colours, I haven't decided which one I would choose. I like the dusky pink pictured, the camel, the mustard or even just the plain black!

4.) Vertical stripe shirt: A lot of highstreet shops try to get that retro/vintage feel but never seem to succeed, and I always say to myself I'd rather get the real thing. But this little number by topshop is just perfect, like the type of thing I'd love to find in a vintage shop. The brown and white vertical stripe is so 50's and I just love it. It's not overpriced either; at £20 I'm just going to have to buy it!

5.) Cut out collar sleeveless denim dress: This is pretty much the perfect summer dress to me. The sleevless denim shirt style has a very retro feel about it, and it's just one of those pieces you can throw on without much effort on those sunny days, but feel lovely in. And for a Topshop dress, it's an absolute bargain at £26!

6.) Aztec print jersey tunic dress...thing: I simply adore this! Again, the aztec/unusual print is very festival. It'll be nice to wear a dress I can thrown on and still be comfortable in, and the jersey fabric looks like it'll be just what I'm looking for. It's £28, but I think that's reasonable.

7.) Blue mesh midi skirt: Okay, this one is a tad more expensive (for a bargain hunter like me anyway). It's £38, but that can be knocked down with my lovely student discount. And it's just totally worth it, because unless you've been living under a rock, these calf length skirts are an absolute essential for SS11. I already have a velvety paisley one, but I think that's more wintery. This one will be ideal for summer, especially when you don't really want to get your legs out, but still would like a flowy, loose feel. I love the mesh detailing and can see myself walking around swishing it, haha. It'll be a nice, classy take on dressing for warm weather.

H&M:

8.) Graphic print bodycon dress: Another unusual aztec style print, I seem to be drawn to these, aha. It could be a nice little piece to thrown on during the warm weather at Glasto. I can also see it being a dress I'd wear on summery nights out. Oh, and it's a steal at 9.99!


9.) Pasiley print trousers: And last but certainly not least, these amazing trousers from H&M! They have an elasticated waist and thin material, which is absolutely perfect for when you can't be bothered getting your legs out, but still want to be able to breathe through your clothes. Casual wear that looks good! And I have some obsession with paisley prints lately, so they're bound to be a winner. I can see these being a popular piece at 12.99, and fear how long they will be in stock, so I'll have to purchase some soon!

I hope to be able to buy most of these at some point. I hope they're still in stock next month when it's my birthday, I'm asking for money so I can make such purchases! I know I probably won't be able to wear most of them untill the weather gets warmer, but I can really see myself wearing them for glasto, so I want them before they're gone!

Sigh sigh sigh.

OH I forgot to add I want some vintage round type sunglasses for glasto! Oh well.

I think I've finished with my materialistic ramblings for now. c:

No comments:

Post a Comment