Tuesday 19 October 2010

intuition exhibition

On Sunday I checked out the Whitworth gallery on Oxford road (manchester!), as I heard about this outsider art exhibition called "intuition". It sounded like the type of art I'd be interested in. Don't ask me why but for some reason I managed to get me and my friend lost trying to find oxford road which is incredibly easy to find, didn't realize it was actually near Manchester and MMU uni and that we could have hopped on a bus to make our lives easier. Also, to add insult to injury, I realized I had been to this gallery a while ago! But yeah, we got there in the end...

 I was quite fond of the work of Madge Hill and her attention to detail and lovely feminine figurative faces. My friend  didn't quite "get her" but then again, she's not an arty type! I personally found Hill's illustrative style lovely.


It was great to see Chris Hipkiss' work in this exhibition, I actually researched him for my latest college project! The piece displayed was one of those with so many details that draw your eye and attract you to different parts of the composition.

Here's a few more photos from these artists and others for your liking!














I really wanted to steal this gorgeous guest book! teehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment