Tuesday 26 October 2010

guilty pleasure guro

Guro, which may be considered somewhat tasteless and grotesque to others, is depicted in colourful and delightfully quirky illustrations by the guro pioneer himself, Shintaro Kago;
 On the cover of Vice magazine!
I think I did a good job in not using his more graphic pieces! I'm not sure why I entitled this post as a "guilty pleasure" because I really dig his work. His concepts are really creative and it just proves that guro can be an art form and not just the kind of stuff you see plastered on 4chan.

You can purchase pieces and I think even commision from him here!

My friend had the opportunity to commision Kago to do an album cover for his band, and he said he'd do it, but the other band members didn't like his style. Fools. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment